Frisbees, paraflights or flyers, these are the best toys for dogs. Dogs love catching these circular objects when they are in the air. What you might not know is, a great amount of thought is put into these toys, to make sure that the experience is enjoyable for both you and your dog.
Also, nobody likes purchasing a new toy every next day, so durability is a key factor that has been taken into serious consideration by the modern manufacturers of the devices.
You will be surprised by the amount of options on the market in the product category. The products vary in terms of design, quality of the materials, price tag, coloring, and so on. Some of the top rated manufacturers in the business are PetSport, ChuckiT, Nerf Dog, and so on.
Chuckit paraflight from Chuckit is one of the best options on the market, which is not only functional, but also affordable.
- The Chuckit paraflight features a soft rubber edge that has been enforced to make sure it’s not too harsh on your dog’s teeth and gum.
- The interior has been featured with strong nylon material, so the paraflight is highly durable, and you don’t have to worry about the product breaking apart during playtime.
- This paraflight has been designed for easy flight, and will soar through the air.
- Not only will this device fly on land, but it has also been designed to float on the water.
- The product measures 75 inches X 9.7 inches X 9.7 inches.
- It weighs 4.8 ounces, so it’s fairly lightweight.
- The product is available in two different sizes, small and large, so choose according to the size of your dog. Of course, the prices will vary accordingly.
- This paraflight can really fly. You might need some time getting used to throwing this piece, but you’ll realize that this paraflight gets plenty of air time.
- The soft rubber ring makes it easy on your dog. If your dog doesn’t enjoy the hard plastic Frisbee discs, this is the perfect toy you need.
- The product actually floats on the water as advertised. So, your trip to the lake or boating doesn’t have to be boring for your dog anymore.
- This paraflight should last you a comfortable 4 to 5 months, depending on how much you have been using it. In all fairness, this piece of cloth holds remarkably well despite all the chewing.
- The cleanup on this thing is pretty easy too.
- The product is not that strong. It’s great for playing catch and all, but not at all recommended for chewers. The inner material seems pretty thin and could easily be punctured.
- Not all dogs will like it. While the soft outer ring is a good thing for most, some dogs enjoy the hard plastic Frisbees instead.
- If your dog is a chewer, or your dog can chew hard, you might be better off finding something else.
- The stitching is the first thing that will start coming undone.
- The durability has been the biggest question mark with the product, but keep in mind that you’re not supposed to use it as a hard plastic Frisbee.
The Chuck It! Paraflight is definitely different to what you might be used to. This has been marketed as the replacement to traditional Frisbees and has succeeded a great deal. The material is soft, and it’s practically a piece of cloth that can go the distance. Also, it won’t be painful for your dog if it misses the catch. Cleaning it is a breeze and it will surprisingly last a while with proper care and handling. It’s available in an attractive color that is easily visible to your dog. Provided that you can make this product last, it’s a great value for money. In-fact this was my dogs favorite toy and activity before her knee surgery.
As magnificent as the paraflight from Chuck is, there are too many competitors on the market to name it the absolute best. Two of the noteworthy competitors are Nerf Dog Nylon Flyer and PetSport Mini Discus Maximus Flying Disk. Both these pet toys are durable and have been made for the entertainment of your dog. The prices slightly vary from each other and the one from the Nerf Dog is offered in multiple colors. Make sure you properly study the features, and pros and cons to make a proper comparison. This will help you make an informed decision.
An Amazon Customer Favorite
For those of you who want a quality Frisbee that is made in the USA and has excellent reviews all around, then you should get the Floppy Disc “Made in USA” Soft Flying Disc Toy.
Chuckit! Paraflight, Nerf Dog Nylon Flyer, and PetSport Mini Discus Maximus Flying Disk are all meant for single purposes. All of these fall under the same category and are also priced nearly the same. It all comes down to what you want in your paraflight.
Chuckit! Paraflight seems to be the best deal among the three here. Its outstanding performance, both on land and in water, is what makes it a great deal. Plus, it’s soft and flexible. It’s available in a bright, easily visible color, and two different sizes. You definitely won’t be regretting your purchase with this one.
If you’re looking for an alternative, then the Nerf Dog Nylon Flyer is another fantastic pet toy for you. It’s available in five different colors. The tear resistant nylon used for its construction is meant to provide enough resistance against the bites. Just make sure you keep it safe after playtime to avoid your dog chewing it to shreds.
The third option for you is the flying disk from PetSport. It features a slightly different design than the other two, and slightly costlier. The durable waterproof construction and easy grip design featured on this product comes in handy.
It all comes down to your requirements and preferences. Just make sure that the flyer you pick out is enjoyable to your dog and easily visible on land and in water.